Upgrade!

During the Tour of Walla Walla, I put in for my Cat 2 upgrade on the road.

Today, I found out it got approved. I'm very, very excited. I've been working at this for about 2 full years now, and it's finally paid off (for some definition of paid off - I'm probably going to get spanked in the 1/2's for a while).

I'm feeling a surprising sense of accomplishment from upgrading. I know it's not a big deal, and the 1/2's are more than a little step up, but it was something that I really did have to work on (spent 2008 figuring out how to race a bit, 2009 learning how to actually ride real distance without dying), and it turned out pretty successfully for me (ended up with 44 points, 25 required, 40 for a mandatory upgrade).

Not sure when my first 1/2 race will be, but I'm looking forward to it. Road racing goals for the year - check. Hopefully track goes as well.

1 comments:

Ian Schmidt said...

great results, it is exciting to see how your hard work has paid off.
Keep riding hard!

Post a Comment