Walla Walla- Time Trial

Next up at Walla-Walla is the time trial. It's about 10 miles, with a hill from about 3.5-5 miles, then a downhill to the finish, with a small kicker at the end. The TT was pretty close to our hotel, so I just rode over easy. Turns out, I had waited to long to leave, so I only had 5 minutes warmup and some front derailleur fiddling before I got underway.

Not a ton to say about time trials - I felt very, very bad on this one, and the first 3 miles were really tough for me. Once I hit the hill, I started to feel a little bit better, and the downhill was a great recovery. Last 3 miles were brutal for me though, and I was really dying. Ended up with a 21:07 (not sure what place yet), which is certainly alright for how badly I felt. The biggest bummer to me was how well I think I could've done on this course if I had felt good. It should have been a pretty good one for me, where I should've made up tons of time on the climb. Ah well. All in all, not a terrible race, but certainly not a good one either.

A good picture.

Race data here: http://tpks.ws/Hme7

0 comments:

Post a Comment