Mason Lake #3

If nothing else, the weather for this race was a LOT better than last week. Unfortunately, this means a lot more racers (I think about 75?). It was a very fast race for me - people were attacking pretty constantly. In the last few races, when I’ve been in difficulty, people have been falling off the pace. This was not the case this week though - I don’t know if that’s the size of the pack and the fact that the race is relatively easy terrain-wise.

In any event, I did a ton of work on laps 2,3, and 4 of the race - in lots of little attacks (that everyone chased down really, really quickly). One of my teammates got up the road for a little dig, but every break was getting chased down hard. I felt like we were going hard the whole time, which worried me a bit - I was really hoping to be significantly stronger than most of the field and earn an upgrade quickly, but that’s not how I felt today.

Unfortunately, in the finale, I lot my place in the front of the field, and got shuffled to the back. Somehow, a First Rate Mortgage guy got off the front of a really fast race and stayed away solo for the win. There were so many people, and the pace was so slow in the last lap that there was really no way to move up (5 across the road for the whole lap), and I wasn’t a factor in the sprint at all. Definitely disappointing.

Power file here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment