Tour de Dung #2

After yesterday’s race, I was expecting to be pretty tired for Tour de Dung #2. And I was.

Our team had about 9 guys at the race, so my plan was to sit in for the first couple of 6 laps, and then hope my legs came around a bit.

In short, I didn’t really factor into this race at all. Pretty disappointing, mostly because I wasn’t aggressive enough at the end (a break went that I could’ve covered, but didn’t), didn’t position myself well for the sprint, and didn’t really set myself up to put the hammer down on the field. Also a bit disappointing that I seemed to be a bit underpowered today, compared to guys like the FRM rider that pulled us back into the field.

My teammates did a great job today though - covered a lot of breaks, pulled back the main break of the day, and factored in nearly every move (except the winning one, sadly). I think we’ll be pretty strong for the year, we just have to get a bit smarter about strategy and not miss out on the bigger moves (maybe let some smaller, doomed ones go?).

0 comments:

Post a Comment